COVID-19 (Corona Virus): advice from the College of Bishops
What should we all do?
• Always carry tissues for coughs and sneezes, and bin the tissue
• Wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds (try singing happy birthday while washing them)
• If you can’t wash hands, use sanitiser gel with at least 60% alcohol
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• If you feel unwell, stay at home, do not attend work or school
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home and work environment.
• Respect others not engaging in contact during the Peace
What shouldn’t we do?
• Do not intinct (i.e. do not dip the host in the consecrated wine) as this spreads germs
If you back from one of the Government listed areas in the last 14 days and develop a cough, fever or shortness of breath:
• stay indoors and avoid contact with other people as you would with the flu
• call NHS 111 to inform them of your recent travel to the country
For everyone, got a cough or sneezes?
• Please don’t handshake during the Peace
• Please do receive Communion in one kind only